Thursday 29 September 2011

First day back, things were running a little late when I booked on as we’d had a “one under” earlier, someone had jumped in front of the Track Recording train which goes up and down the lines checking the state of the rails, etc. 85 passenger trains trundling around and they managed to pick that one, what are the chances?

Regardless, it was a beautiful day so I went Coded round from HAI to WOO with the door open which was fortunate as if I hadn’t I would never have heard the young mother shouting for me to hold the train as she rushed down the stairs at CHI with babe-in-arms. As I’d only pulled off a yard or so I was able to stop and open the doors, had I gone any further she would have had to wait 20 minutes for the next train.

Wood Lane called me up at ROV and asked me to reverse EB off the WB platform at WOO rather than going up the siding which caused the usual confusion as people scurried over from the EB platform and others arriving on the platform expecting the train to go west had to be told that it was going round to HAI. I have no idea why they did this but I arrived early at HAI and then sat there until I was back on timetable.

RMT are still sulking over the Olympic deal and sure enough when I checked my mail slot there was a leaflet announcing that now was the time for one union for all Tube workers with plenty of emphasis on how they got the two sacked TOps reinstated. They will have to do a lot better than that to get me to join.

No comments:

Post a Comment