Sunday 2 October 2011

A slight dampener to the news that we will be getting more TOps as I heard on Friday that there are quite a few retirement parties planned for the end of the year at HAI depot; LUL giveth and LUL taketh away again.

Another bit of sorry news is that the planned refurbishment of the 92s for the Olympics is not going smoothly. The cars were to be repainted and then a special anti-graffiti film applied but the film peels off when doors open and close. I was also told a few weeks back that they had run out of the new blue material for the seating. While I admit that all these might just be unfounded rumours they are sadly only too believable where LUL is concerned.

1 comment:

  1. I travelled on my first new blue central line train today, the padded seats are much more pleasant than the old!

    ReplyDelete