Saturday 1 January 2011

The moment I got into work there was a job for me; one of the LOU earlies had blown out, there was a train in WOO sidings due out at 05:33 so I was told to jump in a taxi at 05:35, run it to LES then up to EPP and back again and then someone would take me off. I pointed out that the first EB left at 05:36 and would be quicker than any taxi, here we are trying to save money and there’s Wood Lane not even bothering to check the timetable!

Even so by the time I got to WOO and got the train prepped there wasn’t enough time to get it to LES so we did a shunt over to the EB platform and we were on time again going up to EPP. When I got back to LES I waited for a while for my replacement to show up and then called the DMT on the desk.

There had been a change over while I was away and predicatably I had been overlooked. All the spares that had been hanging around over the past three days were doing the extra night turns for all night running on New Year’s Eve so off I went to WHC where I was relieved and rode the cushions back to LES.

And that was it for the rest of the day, very quiet once more though I was told it livened up as the morning progressed. Happy New Year to one and all.

No comments:

Post a Comment